- Fully microprocessor-controlled leg prosthesis system
- Automatic real time adaptation to various step speeds, lengths, and frequencies
- High level of safety and minimal risk of falling on all surfaces
- Best possible resemblance to the natural gait pattern
- Even load on both legs resulting in relief of the contralateral side
- Significantly reduced energy expenditure when walking
- C-Leg mobility warranty
- Suitable for Mobility Grades 3 and 4
The C-Leg is the world's first fully microprocessor-controlled hydraulic leg prosthesis system. Through the use of unique C-Leg Technology, it has set a new standard for comfort, safety, and regained mobility for transfemoral amputees.
High Level of Safety and Dynamics
The C-Leg adapts to needs of the prosthesis wearer in real time. Therefore the C-Leg offers decisive advantages compared to conventional prostheses: The knee joint reacts immediately to various step speeds, lengths, and frequencies as well as uneven surfaces. Thus, the C-Leg offers your patient significantly greater responsiveness combined with the highest level of stability during everyday and leisure time use. And while uneven surfaces can cause falls for users wearing conventional prostheses, such falls can often be avoided with the C-Leg.
A study concerning 108 transfemoral amputees fit with the C-Leg shows that 101 patients described significant improvement. In particular, the marked improvement in protection against sudden buckling of the prosthesis was emphasized. The high security potential of the C-Leg in many situations, such as when navigating stairs, inclines, and uneven surfaces, resulted in an expansion of the actively used living space for many amputees and therefore contributed to an improved quality of life. Also, integration into private and professional groups was improved due to a significant increase in self-esteem.