- Supports knee joint sensorimotor functions, relieves pain and activates muscular stabilisation
- Improves knee joint function
- Innovative three-dimensional flat-knitted fabric
- SKINGUARD® technology: Skin-friendly, antibacterial and odour-inhibiting
- Does not shift and offers full freedom of movement
- May be worn on the left or right
The form-knitted Genu Sensa active support is an excellent fitting choice for your patients in case of knee pain caused by strain (tendomyopathies, insertion ligamentoses), feelings of instability or the onset of gonarthrosis. The support is also suitable for the effective treatment of joint effusion and swelling as well as post-operative, post-traumatic or chronic irritation. It supports sensorimotor functions and activates muscular stabilisation of the knee joint. Pain is relieved and joint functions are improved. The ring-shaped pad in the patella area offers targeted guidance and relief. Special compression zones stimulate circulation and promote the resorption of oedemas, haematomas and effusions.
New SKINGUARD® technology
Like all Sensa Line supports, the form-knitted Genu Sensa active support is equipped with SKINGUARD® technology. This technology offers numerous advantages for your patients:
- A significant improvement in hygiene thanks to antibacterial fibres that prevent the growth of bacteria. This reduces the formation of odours.
- The antibacterial effect is retained even after multiple washing cycles.
- Lower risk of allergies and skin irritation.
Additional advantages result from the combination with elastic functional fibres:
- Outstanding moisture management: The functional fibres absorb moisture quickly, transport it to the surface of the flat-knitted fabric and ensure rapid evaporation.
- A high level of wearer comfort thanks to the velvety, especially woven fibre structure of the elastic functional fibres as well as effective protection against latex allergies since the support is free of natural latex due to the use of the functional fibres.
Detailed information on SKINGUARD® technology is found in our Sensa Line product information.
Good fit and high level of wearer comfort
In addition to its attractive design, the Genu Sensa features an especially high level of wearer comfort. Integrated lateral coil springs keep the support from shifting and ensure a good fit. Thanks to its ergonomic shape in the thigh region and due to its elasticity, the knee support precisely adapts to the individual needs of your patients.
Soft and elastic in the hollow of the knee
Compression was reduced in the hollow of the knee in order to enhance mobility for your patients and prevent the formation of wrinkles. The patented interlaced knit developed especially for this area is particularly soft and elastic for enhanced wearer comfort.
The “Sensa Line” product line
The Genu Sensa is just one support in the Sensa Line product line. With the Sensa Line active supports, Otto Bock offers an optimised, coordinated product line. In addition to the Genu Sensa knee support, it also includes supports for the ankle (Malleo Sensa), back (Lumbo Sensa), elbow (Epi Sensa) and wrist (Manu Sensa) so that fittings for the key areas of the body are covered.
- Feeling of instability
- Irritation (post-operative, post-traumatic and chronic)
- Joint effusion and swelling (e.g. in case of arthrosis or arthritis)
- Onset of gonarthrosis
- Knee pain caused by strain (tendomyopathies, insertion ligamentoses)